My Blog List

Thursday, September 25, 2014

North shore of Triadelphia Lake

With the wind in my face, the waves were against me as I paddled across the reservoir yesterday afternoon.  I had a spinning rod with me and actually caught one small bluegill, but mostly I just drifted along the windward shoreline looking at the scenery.


That shoreline, the Howard County side, is much more interesting than the Montgomery County side in that part of the adjoining lands.  A geology professor I
took a course from a year ago lives nearby, and I'd like to have him along on a canoe cruise so he could point out why the rock formations look as they do.


The day wasn't what most people think of as a nice day, but the cloudy skies were good for pictures like these.  Getting back to the parking lot was easy with the wind at my back and leaving the fly rods home was a good decision in that wind.


No comments:

Post a Comment