My Blog List

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Fishing the River, the Bay, then the River again

Fished the Potomac at Lock 8 on Friday, September 26, and caught a couple of smallmouth bass and a few bluegills in a couple of hours.

Tuesday the 30th, I took the kayak to a spot on the Bay.  Fished an out-going tide for a couple of hours and caught nothing, but it's a nice spot.  I've caught fish in the same waters on a friend's boat, so I plan to return sometime.  Met friend Joe in Deale for lunch, so it turned out to be a nice day despite the poor fishing.

Today, I went back to the river, this time to Pennyfield Lock which I hadn't fished in some time.  When the weather gets too cold to wade wet, I stop fishing for smallmouths on the Potomac, and I think I'm at that time because it was pretty chilly standing in waist deep water in a gusty wind.  Nevertheless, I did manage a couple of smallmouths during a short trip, and the second was a nice fish, about 12-14 inches, on a top water fly.


Below is a picture of the lock-keeper's house which can be booked for an overnight stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment