My Blog List

Friday, September 12, 2014

Lower Upper Potomac


To me, the entire nontidal Potomac is the Upper Potomac because I'm generally fishing for smallmouth bass, but I guess I should distinguish between the waters near DC from the more western sections.  Today, I fished near Lock #8 on the C&O canal, and the above scene shows how scenic this section is even though it is anything but remote.   For example, facing upriver from the same location, the Beltway is clearly visible in the photo below, and that infamous road was in fact in view for almost the entire time I waded.


It was a beautiful day although the fishing was a little slow.  I did manage two smallmouths and a feisty bluegill in the three hours on the water.  Two were caught on a surface slider and one on a B&B.  Water level was 2.9 at Little Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment