My Blog List

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

A Day of DC Art Galleries

Pam and I took the subway into town where we visited four different art museums today. The first stop was the Renwick Gallery which was showing an exhibit titled "The Art of Burning Man".

Many of the pieces were interactive and in the temple shown below visitors are encouraged to write messages on pieces of wood that will be incorporated into the exhibit:



These two are also from the same exhibit:

 

 
From there we walked to the Mall to the Freer and Sackler Galleries. Since we were playing tourists today, I took a picture of this DC landmark while we crossed the Mall:
 
 
In the Sackler Gallery the exhibit of colorful fabrics some Central Asia called Ikats caught my attention. In this display, some are hundreds of years old and others are modern garments inspired by Ikats:
 
 
Our last stop was the Museum of African Art which had many interesting items, but of the pictures I took I liked this one of the stairway best:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment