My Blog List

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

A vacant building with family memories

Over the past few years I must have passed this structure hundreds of times without giving it a thought. On a walk with my friend Kurt a few weeks ago, he spotting it and recognized it as the bathhouse for a public pool that once was there.


The foreground of the photo is where the actual pool stood, and I was shocked to realize how small it had been, smaller than many backyard pools. Maybe it was the small size that made people frequent the larger county pools because there never seemed to be much of a crowd when we brought our family there. I remember having fun in that little pool on summer's days though and was disappointed when the county closed it.

The archeological activity that not long ago took place associated with the mills on Paint Branch makes me wonder if a future archeologist might discover buried remains of that pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment