My Blog List

Friday, November 3, 2017

Waterfront lunch

Today my friend Dan invited me for a boat ride with a friend of his who wanted to get out on his boat one more time before putting it away for winter. That's Dan on the left in the photo below and his friend Bill on the right.


We headed out of Annapolis Harbor, into the mouth of the Severn River, north into Whitehall Bay, and slightly west to Mill Creek where Cantler's Riverside Inn sits along the bank. Bill backed his boat into an empty slip and we went into the restaurant for lunch. Here's Bill's boat at the docks of the restaurant:


The food was great. I had a cup of Maryland crab soup that might have been the best I've ever had. The soft shell crab sandwich was excellent as well.


We passed a lot of sail boats on the way back to Annapolis Harbor. The mild weather tempted many people to get out on the water one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment