My Blog List

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Eclipse Day in the Park

I didn't take any photos of the solar eclipse yesterday because there are so many other pictures around, taken by skillful photographers using excellent equipment. Instead, I photographed people who gathered at the park which had been organized for the event.

The first thing I noticed when entering the park was a long line of people who I learned were in line to pick up glasses for viewing the eclipse.

 
The crowd extended from the pond to the field near the day care center.
 
 
There were refreshment stands and a band.
 
 
All in all, a festive atmosphere. It was strange seeing all those people in an area that I walk through everyday. Some of those days, especially the cold ones, I'm the only person there.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment