My Blog List

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Caught a nice bass and hooked a snakehead

Fished yesterday evening with Capt Mike and Col. Ski at Mattawoman Creek off the Potomac River.
 
 
Although the water contains some excellent bass, Ski really wanted to catch a snakehead which have become for many a desirable game fish. In previous trips with Capt Mike he had hooked a few and landed one. He wasn't having much luck on this trip, but I caught two largemouth bass and hooked and lost a snakehead. Now I understand the appeal of snakehead fishing because the drama of the hit and the excitement of watching the fish leap was memorable.
 
Fortunately, Ski eventually hooked and landed a snakehead. 
 
Below is the larger of the two bass I caught.
 
 
We got rained on for about twenty minutes shortly after this picture was taken. Then he cleared up, but I drove through a violent thunderstorm for much of the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment