My Blog List

Monday, July 30, 2012

Hibiscus flowers along the Potomac

At least that's what I think they are.  Anyway, they're growing along the Virginia shore near where the Monocacy River flows into the Potomac.

I caught some nice smallmouth today, first on a chartreuse bullet head darter and then on a chartreuse wooly bugger which I lost shortly after.  I then tied on a white and red bullet head darter which also worked.  All fish fought well and jumped multiple times.

Levels were 1.79 at Point of Rocks and 3.17 at Little Falls.

2 comments:

  1. I love the sound of "wooly bugger" and "white and red bullet head darter"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some other fishing flies have colorful names. Two favorites are Parmachene Belle and Chernobyl Ant. The latter looks the way an ant might look if it were exposed to atomic radiation.

    Thanks, Margo.

    ReplyDelete