My Blog List

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Upper Patuxent Catch and Release Section

Hadn't fished the stretch of water down from the Hipsley Mill Road crossing in a number of years, so I drove up there yesterday afternoon.  Although I don't normally think of the Pax as pretty in comparison with most trout streams, it looked so nice and the day was so pleasant that I didn't feel all that disappointed that after two hours I caught only two fall fish and no trout. 

After a bite of lunch, I spent the last half hour walking back upstream towards the parking lot.  When I came to a deep slow moving run that looked very promising earlier, I decided to give it another try and was rewarded with what might be the best trout of the year so far.  The rainbow fought hard, and my estimate of him was about 14 inches when I got him into the net.  Used the same olive marabou streamer all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment