My Blog List

Friday, December 23, 2011

Outdoors Art in Middleburg, Virginia


The image above is from a painting that is part of an exhibit titled "Afield in America: 400 Years of Animal and Sporting Art" at the National Sporting Library and Museum which we visited yesterday. Hunters, fishermen, horses, and dogs are the dominant subjects.


Pam views one of the paintings:













Being old, I needed reading glasses for much of the text:















Of course, I spent most of the time with the fishing paintings.








This Winslow Homer, "A Boy Fishing", is one of my favorites.






A close-up of a fly fisherman from one of the other paintings:





This is the angling section of the library. I have many of these books.











Pam settles down with a British magazine on fox hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment