My Blog List

Friday, February 11, 2011

Back to College

Every Tuesday and Thursday I find myself in the same lecture hall that I was in 45 years ago. Back then, it was a Botany course, and now it is "History of Science and Technology in Western Civilization." On those days I also have an earlier class in "Film in American Culture."

The deal at The University of Maryland is that a retired person over 60 may taken up to 9 credits with minimum tuition plus books and parking. I have chosen to audit rather than taking the courses for credit, so I won't be writing papers or taking exams.

Without the pressures I had as an undergrad, it's pure learning and it's great.

1 comment:

  1. That does sound quite wonderful. It's still college, but it's a little less stressful so you can relax a bit more with stuff like schedules. There are probably no all-nighters too. I hope you have a fun experience going back for those college courses!

    ReplyDelete