My Blog List

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Pipe smoking


I took up pipe smoking for the first time in over 20 years. Had about 6-8 pipes from before, some given to me from my father, others that I bought, and one given to me as a gift from Will Dean, a family friend. To these I have added a number of others inherited following my father's death three years ago. They are almost all briar pipes, and each is handsome to me in its own way. I enjoy the entire process of cleaning them, polishing them by rubbing them against the side of my nose because my father taught me that the oil of human skin is good for the briar wood, and then putting them back in the rack where I can display and admire them.

I'm still experimenting with tobaccos to determine my favorite. I also inherited my father's copper humidor which I liked the looks of even as a young boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment